‘Meet your Social Investor’ – Social investment for business growth events
Over two successive mapping exercises, access to finance and funding has come up as a key barrier for social businesses hoping to grow. This year we are repeating the Meet Your Social Investor events to continue to address this situation.
What additional finance options exist for social businesses?
Social Business Wales is on a mission to bring social businesses closer to social funders and investors. We are organising two ‘Meet your Social Investor’ events in June to provide opportunities to network with different funders and investors to discover what support they can offer Welsh social businesses.
- Tuesday 13th June 10am – 2pm
- Liberty Stadium, Swansea
- Thursday 15th June 10am – 2pm
- Glasdir Business and Conference Centre, Llanwrst
- Bookable 20-minute meetings with investors to discuss business finance requirements
- Roundtable discussions with guest presenters and Social Business Wales’ advisers on topics to be confirmed
- A light buffet lunch and networking galore!
What else you should know:
- This event is free to attend
- A booking system will be circulated to reserve 20-minute meetings with individual social funders and investors.
- We have attracted more potential funders than last year at both venues and this is a great opportunity for social businesses to meet funders and financiers, and start the process of discussing investment options.
Investors attending (as at 4.5.17)
|South confirmed||North confirmed|
|Charity Bank||Co-op and Community Finance|
|Co-op and Community Finance||WCVA / SIC|
|WCVA / SIC||WCC Community Shares|
|WCC Community Shares||Big Lottery|
|Unity Trust (Chris Mapp)||Xenos|
|Santander||Community Facilities Programme|
|Coalfields Regeneration||Social and Sustainable Capital|
|Community Facilities Programme||UnLtd|
|Social and Sustainable Capital||Robert Owen Community Bank|
|Purple Shoots||RBS Corporate Banking (tbc)|
|Robert Owen Community Bank|
|RBS Corporate Banking (tbc)|