Social Business Wales are holding a session to help Social Businesses & third sector organisations access tender opportunities. This is being held on Monday 21st May 2018 1pm – 4.30pm in Glasdir, Llanwrst. More information can be found below:
An introduction to tendering for social businesses
In 2015-16, Welsh public bodies spent approximately £6 billion on goods and services.
In a sector where grants are harder to come by and Local Authorities have to procure for the supply of services that used to be delivered by grants and Service Level Agreements, it is essential that social businesses that wish to remain sustainable or would like to grow are proficient in tendering for work.
At Social Business Wales we are aware of this and are working with our colleagues in Business Wales to develop a series of events to help you learn how to access tender opportunities effectively.
- Demystify Public Sector Tendering
- Helping suppliers find and respond to opportunities
- Using sell2wales, promoting businesses to buyers
- Identify tender requirements and the procedures they may need to put in place to be able to effectively respond to a tender
- Understanding what buyers are looking for
Our speaker, Elizabeth Callard is a procurement and tendering consultant with extensive experience as a local government procurement manager. Since leaving the public sector in 2013 she has been providing support, insight and guidance to a wide variety of businesses wishing to tender for contracts.
To book visit: www.bit.ly/21052018